"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
If that's the case, does the name really matters then; if we can identify entities even by any other name?
Even in Shakespeare's lyrical tale, Juliet tells Romeo that a name is an artificial and meaningless convention.
I searched the internet with the entry the same as the title of this post " what's in a name" and it led me to different sites. This one caught my attention www.kabalarians.com. It offers a brief analysis of your first name using the Mathematical Principle as explained by their Kabalarian Philosophy.
I toyed with three different names to generate these three analysis:
The first analysis is for my first name,
the second for the "screen name" of someone I know,
and the third, her "real first name"
(the names were deliberately omitted to protect the parties involved)
Your name, J---, gives you the desire to understand and help others with their problems but, at the same time, you can become too involved and worrying as the result.
- This name creates a pleasant, easy-going, and responsible nature.
- You are good natured and affectionate and enjoy home and family life.
- You tend to avoid issues, however, and put off until tomorrow decisions that should be made today.
- For that reason, you would find difficulty in achieving success in positions requiring aggressiveness and quick decisions.
- Your inclination is to pursue a line of work where you carry some level of responsibility and diplomacy is required in contact with people.
- Others can, at times, take advantage of your gentle nature.
- The health weaknesses created by this name affect the fluid functions.
- Your first name of G--- has created contrasting qualities in your nature.
- You desires change and varied experiences and you are capable in many areas, but you do not excel because of your scattering, impulsive desires.
- With supportive influence from other names you may use, you could be creative or artistic in a practical way, but basically this name is a plodding influence, though you have a desire for greater expression.
- Although you desire to avoid monotony, you seem to be attuned to system, order, and attention to detail.
- You can be very analytical, exacting, and patient as long as there is a challenge holding your interest, such as in the field of computers with its technical challenge.
- When your interest is exhausted, you switch to something else even though it means leaving your undertakings unfinished.
- This name makes you inquisitive and scientific in your approach to life, requiring everything to be proved to satisfy your skepticism.
- This skepticism has not protected you from many disappointments when people you have trusted have let you down. This name creates strong physical desires, such as an appetite for heavy, starchy foods and meat.
- Tension affecting the solar plexus and digestive organs could lead to ulcers, growths, or constipation.
- The name of R------- gives you a clever, quick, analytical mind, but you suffer with a great deal of self-consciousness, lack of confidence, and much aloneness because of misunderstandings.
- Your idealistic and sensitive nature gives you a deep appreciation for the finer things of life and a strong desire to be of service to humanity.
- There are times when you experience inner turbulence at your inability to say what you mean.
- It is far easier for you to express your deeper thoughts and feelings through writing than verbally.
- You find pleasure in literature, in poetry, and in your ideals and will turn to them when you feel you have been misunderstood.
- You are deeply moved by the beauties of life, especially nature.
- Because your feelings run deep, you must guard against the ups and downs, being very inspired one minute, then moody, reserved, and depressed the next.
- Your reactions to people vary according to how you feel.
- You tend to be secretive and noncommittal about private matters, yet at times you will talk effusively in order to hide your self-consciousness or to lead others away from personal subjects.
- You are inspired by encouragement from others, yet suspicious of their intent.
- You crave affection but seldom find anyone who understands your nature.
- Physical weaknesses would show in your heart, lungs, or bronchial organs.
If the first lines of these post prove to be true, why then would a person with two names have also two different personalities? Or, maybe I have it misuderstood...?
Maybe these mean that all the descriptions pertain to her, given her two different names. The contrasting characteristics of the two analysis may just mean that we can be hot or cold depending on our mood as same as her...Aren't we all sometimes pretend to lead another life apart from our "realities"?
I know her by her "screen name" for the longest time. It was just recently that I was able to squeeze out of her her real name... Ok not literally squeeze out, but with persistence, she was forced to give me her real one. I just wonder, who is with me all the time I am with her, is it G---, or is it R-------?
Or why would she not gave me her real name in the first place?
- Maybe it's because of the nature of her work,
- or maybe I was too assuming that I was that important to her that she would give it easily...
- maybe she just want me to know G--- and not R------...
- I may never really know for sure but it's enough for me the fact that I get to know her, even if just a part of her.
Anyway, whatever she calls herself, it doesn't really matter to me. She would still be the same for me, I would still recognize her - her scent, her walk, her touch, her face...
Questions still linger in my mind -
What if I knew R------- first before she became G---?
Would it be a completely different story?
I guess! But that's totally a different "reality" that can only exist in my mind.
What is there really in a name?
It is your own and no one else, some may be the same but it is only yours, associated with your being...
So do whatever you can not to destroy your name, love it and protect it...
Share your thoughts below -